The History of Tibbs Run Reservoir
Tibbs Run played a role in getting clean water to the City of Morgantown beginning in the late 1800s. Construction on the Tibbs Run Reservoir was completed in 1912 and it supplied clean water to Monongalia County residents until 1969. The reservoir was drained in 1980, and the property was leased to the West Virginia Botanic Garden in 1999. There is still visible evidence of the waterworks around the property.