Reservations are required for visits by groups larger than 10 persons including organizations, clubs, school groups (including home school groups), and child-related organizations (e.g., daycare, scouting groups, and summer camps). Fees must be paid in advance of the visit.
We highly advise booking an official guided group tour (or school program) with a knowledgeable guide versus coming on your own. Please call 304-322-2093 or email Erin@wvbg.org to make a reservation.
The WVBG offers group tours upon request. Tours are available for any group up to thirty people and vary in topic, length, and structure depending on the needs of the group.
Example topics include: General WVBG tour, Gardens, Wildflowers, Trees, Insects, History, Amphibians, Pollination, and General Nature. Other topics may be covered upon request. See pricing below.
Fee Structure for Group Visits & Tours
- up to 25 people
- up to 50 people
- up to 30 people
- upon request, up to 30 people
- Additional fees may apply if you have any special requests or needs during your visit.
- Fees or other rules may be adjusted by Executive Director if groups are determined to be providing helpful volunteer or scientific service to WVBG.
GROUP VISITATION RULES
1. Reservations are required at least two weeks in advance of desired date and subject to availability*. At least one teacher or chaperone is required for every five pre-school children, every ten children who are in kindergarten through middle school, and every twenty youths who are of high school age.
2. Groups are responsible for supervising minors who visit the Garden to ensure their safety and compliance with all visitation rules (posted on information kiosk). In the event of an emergency, it is expected that groups will execute their prescribed internal policies concerning safety, medical, and special needs.
3. Parking location of buses, motor coaches, or vehicles will be determined by WVBG staff in advance of scheduled visit and communicated to the group representative. Length of stay must also be coordinated by group representative and WVBG staff.
4. Please be sure to employ “Leave No Trace” ethic while visiting our site, that is to be respectful of the site and inhabitants including not trampling or picking plants, defacing trees or other structures, disturbing wildlife, etc. Take any trash generated during your visit out with you. Also please be respectful to other visitors.
Mailing Address: 714 Venture Drive, PMB 121, Morgantown, WV 26508