The West Virginia Botanic Garden (WVBG) is now hiring a part-time (approximately 500 hours/year) Environmental Educator. The main role of the Environmental Educator is to lead educational programs at the WVBG. Programming includes but is not limited to school groups, summer camps, private group tours, and public programs. The Environmental Educator is also responsible for assisting with program development and coordination as needed. Additional programming/special projects may be developed and implemented if time and funding permits.
Weekly hour requirements vary, but the position may require up to 40 hours per week during Summer Nature Camps. For a more detailed list of responsibilities, hourly compensation rate, and to apply please contact Erin Smaldone, WVBG Education Director, at email@example.com. Include your resume and a cover letter with your application.
- Working with diverse audiences of all ages and backgrounds, most notably children.
- Developing high quality programs that are both educational and engaging and meet the needs and interests of the target audience.
- Independently leading a variety of programs including group tours, school groups, presentations, and workshops.
- Working closely with the Education Director to coordinate, develop, and implement programming.
- Working within given budgets and submitting material requests and costs to the Education Director ahead of planned programs as needed.
- Working with seasonal camp instructors and acting as lead instructor for some camps.
- Working as a member of the WVBG team, which may mean helping staff or volunteers with additional tasks as needed.